Cook County’s low cost clinic services will be offered starting late March and running through early October. The mobile clinics will operate at various locations throughout the County. Clinic hours are 10:00 am until 2:45 pm. There will be no micro-chips done at these clinics.
SAFEGUARDS TO PROTECT ANIMALS DURING 2015 RABIES VACCINE CLINICS
• No retractable leashes will be allowed. All dogs must be on leashes of no longer than 6 feet long.
• Maintain a distance of 3 feet between each animal
• Owners must provide own muzzles if required.
• No animal socialization will be allowed.
• No petting of animals other than your own.
• Dogs showing signs of any respiratory disease will be isolated for vaccination. They will be prohibited from standing in line.
• Families with multiple animals should bring enough capable family members to have one individual securing the paperwork while another individual presents the animals for vaccines one at a time at the area designated by the veterinarian.
• Handling of animals must be self-sufficient by a competent adult greater than 18 years of age. County Animal Control personnel will not be allowed to handle leashes, hold or move cages, assist in handling animals restraint or touch animals or animal equipment of any kind.
• Water for pets must be supplied by owner.
• Waste removal bags must be provided by the owners.